Leveraging the Full Potential of Shopify with Certified Shopify Expert Jonathan Schwartz
Where to listen
Jonathan “Adam” Schwartz lives in the Boston area and started JAS Technology in 2010 to offer software consulting services to businesses in need of a technology partner. Since 2013, JAS has been primarily focused on helping Shopify merchants improve their stores with custom theme and application development.
A registered Shopify Expert, JAS Technology has enjoyed working alongside these Shopify merchants, learning about their businesses, and helping them thrive.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- The ins and outs of e-commerce websites – incredible ways to integrate websites and apps to create the perfect e-commerce system.
- Shopify from a developer point of view – Shopify is a fast-growing community, with many options for themes, applications, and uses.
- Using WordPress vs. using Shopify – the importance of knowing what you need in a website and how to choose the appropriate platform.
- Having a plan – Building a website can be overwhelming, when you start with a plan for your products and pricing, you save yourself time, and stress.
- Building a user-friendly website – why you should rely on your experts so you don’t leave out any important aspects when building your website.
- Developing a website theme – best practices and great resources for building your e-commerce website with a creative, original theme.
- Finding the right Shopify apps – having the right apps can improve your website function, but too many apps can bug your site down, it’s important to find the right apps for you.
- What is an API and how does it work – APIs allow our websites to integrate together or with 3rd party sites, it’s important to have an expert help you get these right!
- The pros and cons of Shopify Plus – how its design is a great fit for high-volume companies.
- Anything is possible in website design – with a plan and a great design you can create the perfect website to match your every need
- The importance of website speed and optimization – from checking your speed rating to making changes so it can run at optimal speed.
- The dangers of third-party apps, always do your research before adding an app to your website and make sure it won’t cause bugs or slowdowns.
- JAS Technology
- Fall Line Digital
- Out of the Sandbox
- Pixel Union
- Work with Shop
Connecting with Jonathan:
Connecting with the host:
- Rebecca Babicz on LinkedIn
- 2:26 “My view of Shopify is that it’s a fantastic platform, really powerful.”
- 4:04 “WordPress was a content management system that added e-commerce, and Shopify is an e-commerce system that added on content management.”
- 10:41 “ Shopify apps are kind of like iPhone apps, where the majority of them are garbage, some of them are awesome.”
- 12:58 “If Shopify did everything perfectly, no one should need me.”
- 14:50 “Everything’s possible, that’s the beauty of this open platform.”
- 17:15 “ I know people who have a WordPress site and a Shopify site and guess what, they both have APIs so you can communicate between them if need be.”
- 24:24 “Everything is possible, you just have to scope it out well and design it.”