Building a Community and Growing Your Tribe with The Fit Biz Club’s Lauren George
Where to listen
Lauren George is a serial entrepreneur that fell in love with movement way back in elementary school. Her passion is helping other fitness professionals improve their teaching skills and grow their fitness businesses so they can live their dream life.
Over the last 10 years, Lauren has built several businesses including PulsePoint Barre, Clemson Fitness Company, Pumped Up Strength, The Fit Biz Club, LG Fitness Studio, and Lauren George Fitness Education. The common thread in all of these businesses is that they are founded in creating community. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of The Quest for E-Commerce Success:
- The value of building a community around your brand before you launch.
- How to produce content that builds a community.
- How to optimize your Instagram page to retain your connections.
- The value of being authentic when building your tribe.
- How to be successful with affiliate marketing.
- The rise of micro and nano influencers.
- How brands can create meaningful relationships with content creators and influencers.
- How much brands should pay for influencers to post content.
- The benefits of whitelisting influencer content.
- Barre Above
- Clemson Fitness Company
- Lauren George Fitness
- The Fit Biz Club
- Pumped Up Strength
- Fall Line Digital
Connecting with Lauren George:
Connecting with the host:
- Rebecca Babicz on LinkedIn
- 18:35 – “While having two hundred thousand a million followers is great if that’s your goal you’re really going to see the most success and I think the most joy from what you do and from what you put into social media and your networking whether that’s in person or online when you are connecting with those people that really care about what you’re talking about and respect you for just being you. If you’re so worried about attracting those that you may offend or may not like you for you then is that really worth your time just to have fifty thousand more followers if they’re not really your people?”
- 33:09 – “Instead of going out there and finding an influencer that you think has a cool following or you like their products, go to your customers first. Go to the people that have already bought into your product that love it and the content that they create is going to come out so much more organic than just finding some random person that has a big following.”
- 53:20 – “Even if you don’t have a brand or a product to sell yet but you know that you want to find a way to serve more people or create your own business, especially in the fitness or wellness space, start building that community right away because you never know when opportunities are going to arise.”