Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel Flow for E-Commerce Stores
Q: What is the order in which my Facebook standard events should fire so I can properly track the user’s intent and interest in my product?
A. This is a great question, and there isn’t a resource that clearly outline’s this flow on Facebook’s resource center. The flow looks like this:
- (page view) – homepage and category pages
- (view content) – product pages
- (add to cart) – adds to cart
- (initiates checkout) – continues with checkout process
- (adds payment) – adds credit card information to website
- (purchase) – thank you page after purchase
A lot of people don’t understand the difference between Page View and View Content, and also Initiate Checkout and Add To Cart. Dialing in this flow and ensuring your pixels are firing at the right time will ensure you can create better ads and messaging and enhance your overall ad performance.